Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barry HunterAdminBarry Hunter (Admin, Geograph British Isles) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

No thanks - it's not broken so don't try to fix it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree with comments below - been over recently & added photo's

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I tend to agree with the previous three comments.

• KennyKenny commented  · 

I agree entirely with Graham on this - it has worked very well up until now linked with the "mainland" It will have that interest generated from UK contributors who want to visit and increase their "firsts" I have a few left to do, but there is a limit as to what I can manage, so the vast area of the south is up for grabs.

• geraldgerald commented  · 

Here, here - I feel similar with regards to my efforts in the Channel Islands - though I do understand the problems.

• Graham Horn (GHo)Graham Horn (GHo) commented  · 

How can I vote AGAINST something? I'm not in favour of this. I believe the benefits of keeping the project together outweigh the disadvantages. Firstly, assuming it is done on the Irish grid, people like Kenny, Ross and Albert Bridge have made huge contributions in the north to the site as a whole. Seondly, we struggle at present to get more participation in the south but at least it is highlighted by it appearing next to the big island, and some of us are tempted to go over to Ireland from time to time. If it were separate it would be forgotten by the vast majority.

Feedback and Knowledge Base