Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barry HunterAdminBarry Hunter (Admin, Geograph British Isles) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barry HunterAdminBarry Hunter (Admin, Geograph British Isles) commented  · 

Not a fan of that. Creates a number of issues. eg the 'old' version would need to be hidden from most searches. If you search for a place, dont really want both the old and new version of particular photos showing up in search. Also would have to be very careful with things like depth calculations, only want to count one of the images.

Probably more work than updating the image file for a given submission. Both versions would have to be retained (for many technical reasons), so would be able to see both side by side anyway.

• Robin StottRobin Stott commented  · 

Allow submission of processed image and RETAIN BOTH, perhaps as a mutually auto-linked pair, though of course they would have different ID numbers. Seeing the two images side-by-side would demonstrate the benefits of post-processing (hopefully!) and save the bother of replacing one image with another.

• robinstottrobinstott commented  · 

I think I did a substitution of this sort without comment. The poor-quality original was rejected at my request and I uploaded a somewhat better-quality image of the same view.

• ediglehartediglehart commented  · 

can it be done? Or alternatively, what's the possibility of removing an image if one has a similar but better one?

Feedback and Knowledge Base